Friday, October 1, 2010

MY DRESS FORM HAS A NEW DRESS



Hi Everyone, thank you for visiting me today. About a month ago I was up north Michigan at an Antique Store, I spotted this dress hanging on a hanger, all wrinkled, but I loved the wonderful combination of peach with blue and I loved the beautiful flower print in the blue material. It reminded me of vintage feed sacks. When I saw this dress I thought oh it will be too expensive, well to my surprise it was $10.00 and then 20 percent off, so the price of this lovely dress was $8.00. This week I decided to iron it, and it came out pretty good, I did not want to have the iron too high or spray water on it, because it is very old material, I think it came out pretty good. I still want to add some ribbons and flowers.

You know how much I love Marie Antoinette, well this dress reminds me of a dress Marie would wear everyday, maybe while out in her garden. I just love it. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Terri

11 comments:

Suz said...

What a steal! That is a beautiful combination. I just know Marie would love it!

Suz

Lululiz said...

The dress is beautiful, and what an incredible bargain!

Claudia said...

I love it - it reminds me of a costume I once wore onstage!

xo
Claudia

Scrap for Joy said...

What a delightful find Terri and it looks wonderful on your dress form. You can certainly channel Marie now! I have been trying to catch up on reading/commenting.
I received my copy of Creating Vintage Charm and am enjoying oouring over the lucious pictures and reading every word. Congrats to you for being such a big part of it.
I also want to tell you how much I loved seeing your sunroom. I would spend every available hours there...it is dreamy!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend~
Joyce

Mari said...

HELLO....

WOWEE WHAT A SCORE, THE DRESS IS JUST STUNNING :)

LuLu Kellogg said...

This is gorgeous! I love it!

I am trying to catch up on my Bloggie visits since I have been off on a Birthday Frivolity Vacation with my sister! I am still eating cake! *sheepish look*

Congrats on getting published!

Love,
LuLu♥

Sugar Lump Studios said...

love your dress and what a bargain! Have a great weekend!

Terri said...

Beautiful, what a find!
I do think Marie would have worn some thing like this at her little Hamlet. It fits right in.
Hugs,
Terri

debi said...

I Love it! It is soooo very Marie!

The Tin Rabbit said...

Wow, now that's a bargain! I love it~ Very Marie~! Look wonderful on your form! Have a great Sunday!

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Don't you just love it when you make a find like that!!! The dress looks lovely and definitely very Marie Antoinette!
Blessings,
Patricia :o)